Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's Real

You know, you can speak against abortion encouraging pro-life decisions to be made and speak up for post-abortion healing, but until you have been to an abortion clinic to try to encourage young girls and ladies going in, to change their minds it feels like just that, "talk".

I'm not saying that the prayers from a distance and pleading with real friends over the phone, in person, at school or at their house is not enough.  If you lose the battle with them and they choose to go through with the abortion, you see them go from with child to without child.  It is definitely real, but there is something about going to the clinic that makes it that much more real, for me.

I have done all of the above. I even decided to start a Pro-life Facebook page, started this blog, I've done a Pro-life march trying to encourage others to choose life,  but this Saturday is actually my first time going to an abortion clinic.  We, my oldest daughter and I, made our signs and took them to the clinic.  There were others there praying, had signs held up and signs that stood up.  They also had pamphlets they hand out to provide Pro-life information.  Also information on another place that will offer free pregnancy tests that encourages life instead of this type of clinic, that is known specifically for encouraging and performing abortions.

As we were there, we also saw cute little newborn clothing and newborn packages that they hand out to the young girls and ladies that change their minds and choose life.  We were there this past Saturday for about an hour and a half to two hours.  We saw one girl that got dropped off by two of her friends. This experienced pro-lifer tried to speak with the two friends to see if they would go back in there to change their friend's mind.  They said there was nothing they could do.

We witnessed this and I thought to myself, not only is this girl's baby going to die, she will suffer from having her child murdered, if not immediately, at some point once the realization smacks her in the face.  I felt for the baby. I also felt for her, knowing that she will be in pain, a pain that she might not be able to recover from. She definitely would greatly benefit from post-abortion healing for her mind and her heart. I also felt bad for her two friends,  they were in a position as accomplices, not as supporters as they thought they were.  It will hit them too when they realize what they have done.  Abortion does not just affect the person having it done. It affects several people around them, even those of us that don't even personally know the person.

There was another girl that we witnessed coming out.  It was obvious that she had just gotten her procedure (abortion) done. She had a guy driving her out from the clinic.  It was sad.  They weren't talking. She was staring off.....lost.  She honestly looked like someone who just lost a child and wished she could take it back. I spoke to one of the gentlemen in the group and I told him what she looked like to me and I told him unfortunately she can't take it back. What's done is done.  This is REAL.

As sad as this is to me, seeing the two girls that made the choice to abort, I will go back.  I feel that if I can change one person's heart and mind and save at least one life, I have made a difference.  I will always try my best to help someone who is struggling with the the life or death decision during their pregnancy, to help them to see that there is a better option than abortion, always.

I fully agree with the quote that Mahatma Gandhi said...
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment