Friday, March 9, 2012

Girl Scouts/ Planned Parenthood

Here I am a proud pro-life activist and yet I sit here with inner strife and conflict, feeling like I'm speaking out of both sides of my mouth.

I used to be in Girl Scouts, a Brownie, I remember all the fun times I had. The fun activities we participated in, the songs we learned, the confidence we gained and the bond we girls shared with each other, along with our leader. It was just a fun time in my life and I remember looking forward to each meeting and the significance of being sworn in doing the Girl Scout promise, raising our three fingers on our right hands and having that special ceremony.

Girl Scouts is the largest sorority.  In my family it was passed on from generation to generation.  Each one waiting to become age appropriate to be part of that sorority. A rite of passage, if you will. My aunt, my Mom couldn't because it wasn't in the area they moved to, but she, I'm sure, longed to. I was excited for my child to join. By that time they had started Daisies and she got to experience being a Daisy and loved it.

Eleven years younger, my middle daughter is now in Daisies.  However, this is where I'm having the inner strife and conflict.   Before I signed her up I was hearing rumors circulating around about their connection to Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion mill and the largest advocate for promoting casual and premature sex to contribute to their business of performing the abortions. They had the sign up at my Catholic church so I thought maybe it was just rumors.

I asked one of the directors of the Girl Scouts and she informed me that it was taken out of context and twisted around.  The Girl Scouts were not passing out Planned Parenthood pamphlets out for the girls and that in fact, the girls had met in a room that PP had used the night before and it had not been cleaned and there were still pamphlets left out and a couple of GS got their hands on them. I asked her if she could provide proof through an email to me, which she was expecting at the time and ended up having the baby early and I didn't receive the email.  I took her word on it and signed my child up.

We have had lots of fun, but the more active I become in being a pro-life activist and the more information I'm finding linked between GS and PP, it sickens me.  We sold cookies so that she would be able to get the patch and I literally felt sick to my stomach.  I felt like I was turning in blood money.  I was having mixed feelings as to what to do, whether to keep her in and hope for the best, but I now know that this year is definitely her last.  If GS decides to go in a different direction and no longer support PP then I'll be more than happy to sign her back up, along with my youngest when she is of age.  It really is a heart breaker and an eye opener to have that news served to me about Girl Scouts.

Here are a couple of links that you can check out in regards to why I have chosen to make my decision.  We have to take a stand for what we believe in and better yet, Speak out for the one's who can't.  "Speak Out for the Silent Voices"
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/catholic-parish-bans-girl-scout-troops-over-ties-to-planned-parenthood/

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/indiana-senator-refuses-to-honor-girl-scouts-because-of-planned-parenthood

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/planned-parenthoods-gps-condoms-ask-college-students-to-logon-and-tell-us-w


Here is another one regarding an ex-Girl Scout that decided to bake cookies and sell them..."Cookies for Life."....Good for her!!!
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cookies-for-life-10-year-old-ex-girl-scout-bakes-and-sells-pro-life-cookies

There are many others regarding the Girl Scouts Links to Planned Parenthood as well.


Also, Please check out my Facebook page for current pro-life, anti-abortion news and information. If you have a Facebook account you can click on the link below and click "Like" to be apart of my page and stay in the "know." If you don't have an account sign up for one...it's worth it. :)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Speaking-out-for-Silent-Voices/106803906110671?sk=wall


No comments:

Post a Comment